2016 - 2017 Community Teams
The mission of Richland FIT is to create a healthier Richland County for all residents. We will accomplish this by offering healthy choices, revising environments and sustaining fitness through policy change.
Happy Health Neighbors Cashton
To create a culture of health and mental well-being in the Cashton community through promotion and initiatives for healthy lifestyle choices for all residents.
Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition
The mission of the Wisconsin Breastfeeding Coalition is to improve the health of Wisconsin by working collaboratively to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
Southwest Food Security Partnership
To identify and understand the root causes of food insecurity, to analyze and determine practical intervention approaches, to engage coalition partners and others in the region in selecting a priority approach and to develop action, evaluation and sustainability plans. There will be an additional focus on locally grown foods and how to both increase the growth of the local food movement and how that movement may improve food security.
Health Equity Alliance of Rock County (HEAR)
The Healthy Rock team is a group of multi-sector collaborators, working to develop leadership and consensus to effectively address, prioritize, inform, and educate the community on public health issues and improve the health for all in Rock County.
Safe Space Coalition of the Chippewa Valley
To improve the safety, visibility, health, and well-being of LGBTQ+ people of all ages in the Chippewa Valley.
The 2015-2016 Community Teams
- Wellness for Life--Empowering Youth Through Health Education Team: Building comprehensive health knowledge and skills utilizing appropriate developmental interventions in grades K-12 that result in increasing positive healthy behaviors which then enhance educational and social outcomes.
- Thrive Barron County Team: Engaging community members and organizations to focus resources and develop and strengthen partnerships to establish sustainable, safe and healthy communities.
Eau Claire County
- Family Violence Prevention Action Team: providing oversight and direction to several local action teams, including that for family violence prevention. The mission of Eau Claire Healthy Communities and associated action teams is to promote the well-being of individuals, families and communities of Eau Claire County.
Pierce & St. Croix Counties
- Healthier Together – Pierce & St. Croix Counties Team: creating and maintaining healthy communities and provide a more strategic framework for local health improvement activities.
- Wellness Coalition of Taylor County Team: initiating, supporting, and promoting a healthy lifestyle for individuals, families, and communities.